GHS is pleased to announce the High School Play for 2012: "Little Women" | Arts & Culture
"Little Women" by Louisa May Alcott, adapted by Gary Peterson
Directed by Laurie Timm
Little Women is a coming-of-age story about family love, loss, and struggle set in mid-nineteenth-century New England. The young woman at its center, Jo March, is a fictional character based on the author Louisa Alcott. Jo March is bold, outspoken, brave, daring, loyal, cranky, principled, and real. She is a dreamer and a scribbler, happiest at her woodsy hideout by an old cartwheel or holed up in the attic, absorbed in reading or writing, filling page after page with stories or plays. She loves to invent wild escapades, to stage and star in flamboyant dramas. She loves to run. She wishes she were a boy, for all the right reasons: to speak her mind, go where she pleases, learn what she wants to know — in other words, to be free.
Performs February 17 & 18, 7:30pm
Visit http://www.greenville.k12.mi.us for updated information.
Upcoming Events near Greenville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Rockford students suspended for e-cigarette possession
- My Town Rockford: Volunteers needed for insect identification project
- Hope College players help Miracle League with Spring Training
- My Town Rockford: Toy store participating in Read Across America Day
- Rockford 5th graders dress as wax statues for fundraiser