No cuts, layoffs in Greenville’s city budget | News
by Kelli Ameling
from The Daily News
GREENVILLE — The Greenville city budget beginning July 1 and ending June 30, 2013, has been completed and proposed to the Greenville City Council for its first look.
Although City Manager George Bosanic said the budget was one of his hardest yet to balance, he said it was able to be balanced without cutting services or layoffs.
“We keep experiencing increasing expenses and have declining revenue wherever we turn,” Bosanic said. “It has been one of the hardest budgets to balance.”
One major impact to the budget, along with other companies, was the Feb. 14 bankruptcy filing of United Solar Ovonic. Bosanic said the company used a large amount of water from the city and paid a...
Upcoming Events near Greenville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Cannon Township: Pando looks to expand its slopes
- Rockford students suspended for e-cigarette possession
- My Town Rockford: Volunteers needed for insect identification project
- Hope College players help Miracle League with Spring Training
- My Town Rockford: Toy store participating in Read Across America Day