Nelson's Speed Shop reopens after 2nd fire | News
MONTCALM TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WZZM) -- The owner of a Montcalm County business that has twice been destroyed by fire says he isn't giving up.
In 2001, Nelson's Speed Shop was targeted by arsonists. Last month, another fire destroyed the business. State and federal investigators have not ruled out arson as a cause of the latest fire.
Owner Jack Nelson says he will rebuild. In fact, his Montcalm Township shop is open for business.
Nelson is taking orders in person while power and phone lines are restored, and vehicle repairs are being done in the shop's two other warehouses. Nelson's outdoor showroom is also open, and plans are still in place to host the traditional snow show at the end of august.
"I'd just like to say thank you to all of the customers and the outpouring from friends and cards we've gotten," says Nelson. "Everybody's been supporting us, and looking forward to going forward and taking care of our customers."
Crews hope to clear the rubble within the next ten days so rebuilding can begin. Nelson hopes to have his new shop open for business by late winter.
Upcoming Events near Greenville - Belding
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Lowell: Adecco job fair July 30
- My Town Lowell: Pink Arrow pride on display during Quiver run and walk July 29
- My Town: Save lives and help fight cancer during Pink Arrow blood drive July 29
- My Town Lowell: Volunteers needed for large scale emergency exercise
- The man who died after crashing into a tractor Saturday afternoon has been identified